This role will also provide assistance with the development and delivery of workshops for instructors and service providers on these topics, based on outcomes and experiences of the program delivery of Fearlessly Girl.
- Degree or diploma in the area of social work, child and youth worker, recreation or other relevant field of study.
- Experience instructing physical activity programming with youth.
- Experience engaging youth in issues of body image through movement is considered an asset.
- Ability to facilitate group discussion around sensitive topics.
- Leadership skills and ability to relate and gain rapport quickly with youth.
- Critical thinking and the ability to identify strengths and weaknesses and develop alternative solutions, conclusion or approaches to problems.
- Ability to think independently and take initiative.
- Valid Standard First Aid Certification and CPR certification.
- Appropriate interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with community partners, staff, parents, youth and the public.
- Effective expressive, receptive written and verbal communication skills.
- Current first aid and C.P.R. certification.
All employees of the YW are expected to demonstrate respect, empathy, and accountability to the people who access our services, and to attend work regularly as regular attendance is critical to maintaining the highest quality and level of service expected in delivering services.
Rate of Pay: $20.7376 per hour, with an additional 2% in lieu of benefits
Hours: 4 hours per week – afternoon and evenings until June. Flexible between July and December
Please respond with resume, indicating how you became aware of this job posting, by December 10, 2017 to:
Jennifer Gordon, YW Kitchener-Waterloo, 153 Frederick Street, Kitchener, ON N2H 2M2
Fax: 519-576-0129 Email: email@example.com
YW Kitchener-Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals
of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YW Kitchener-Waterloo is committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.