GIRLS’ PHYSICAL ACTIVITY WORKSHOP FACILITATOR/TRAINING DEVELOPER
TEMPORARY PART-TIME CONTRACT (October-December 2018)
This position will be responsible for the development and delivery of 10 two hour training sessions exploring the experience of girls and gender non-conforming youth (middle/high school age) in physical activity programming. The workshop will be geared towards adults delivering facilitated physical activity and recreational programming in the Kitchener-Waterloo community. The workshop will take a gendered lens and be reflective of best practices in areas such as self-esteem, body-image, marketing to girls and gender non-binary youth, and program delivery as it pertains to ensuring the needs of the demographic and experiences of the YW. This position will have access to data, evaluations and feedback from girls and gender non-binary youth that participated in our Fearlessly Girl program earlier this year, which will be weaved into the workshop presentation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- This position will research, gather information; write and develop engaging materials for the workshops (power point, video, graphics, etc.), with the principles of adult learning in mind.
- Experience in workshop development and training of this kind.
- Experience in the delivery of physical activities (particularly with a gender lens and with youth)
- Advocates for positive self-esteem, body image and identity in the work they do.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and presentation skills
- Must be creative in developing engaging ways to share important lessons throughout the workshop.
- Willing to travel within Kitchener-Waterloo to various sites to deliver workshops.
- Community development, liaison and engagement skills
- Evaluation and reporting based on feedback obtained through surveys administered to workshop participants.
- Experience designing, delivering in person workshops
- 2-3 years in a facilitator role
- Strong understanding of the needs of girls and gender non-conforming youth as it pertains to self-esteem, body image, physical activity.
- Excellent verbal, written and technical communication skills
- Extensive experience with Microsoft office applications, including PowerPoint and Word.
- Sound judgement and decision-making skills.
- Engaging presenter,excels in public speaking.
Wages: Pay on contract basis - Total: $2000
$100 / workshop (total 10 workshops - each workshop is 2 hours in length)
20 hours at $50/hr to develop workshop presentation
Workshop presentation developed and 10 workshops completed between October- December 2018.
All employees of the YW are expected to demonstrate respect, empathy, and accountability to the people who access our services, and to attend work regularly as regular at
tendance is critical to maintaining the highest quality and level of service expected in delivering services.
Please respond with resume by midnight September 25, 2018 to:
Jennifer Gordon, Director, Youth Services
153 Frederick Street, Kitchener, ON N2H 2M2
YW Kitchener-Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations. No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YW Kitchener-Waterloo is committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.