EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
invites applications for the full-time position of:
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
To advance the vision and mission of the YW through developing and leading the YW’s current and long-term fundraising strategies, including its annual operating fundraising program, its project and/or capital fundraising initiatives, and its legacy fundraising initiatives, and through developing and leading the YW’s current and long-term public relations strategies, including its organizational branding and external communications.
- A university degree in development, public relations, marketing or related field
- CFRE/FAHP preferred, either completed or in the process of completing
- Five years previous experience in a charitable or non-profit setting at a leadership level
- Experience with annual fund programs, capital campaigns and legacy giving, with a demonstrated track record of meeting fundraising goals
- Experience managing the brand of an organization
- Knowledge of and experience with social media platforms, communication strategies and campaigns
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire confidence and trust amongst all stakeholders, maintaining positive public relations, acting ethically and responsibly in all interactions
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Strong oral communications and presentation skills
- Strong strategic thinking and research and analytical skills
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks, competing priorities and deliver projects on time
- Effective planning and project management skills
- Advanced computer skills and literacy.
- Knowledge and experience with fundraising databases including Raiser’s Edge an asset
- Frequent local travel will be required. A valid driver’s license is therefore required.
Successfully leading the YW’s annual operating fundraising program:
- Developing, implementing and monitoring a coordinated, donor-centered annual operating fundraising program that includes special events, third-party events, direct mail, major gifts and grants
- Developing and growing a comprehensive donor stewardship program
- Overseeing the coordination of the resources necessary to carry out the annual operating fundraising program, including the development budget, a donor database and other fundraising tools
- Leading and supervising a team of two fundraising and communications staff
- Leading efforts to increase the fundraising literacy of the YW’s staff and volunteers
- Ensuring a robust annual internal United Way Workplace Campaign
- Developing, implementing and monitoring any project and/or capital campaign plans and strategies
- Developing campaign materials, including case statements, campaign packages and other communications
- Overseeing the coordination of the resources necessary to carry out the campaigns, including the budget
- Overseeing campaign events
- Planning and ensuring campaign donor recognition
- Developing and implementing a proactive legacy giving program that includes a consistent stream of communications, events, select direct mail and stewardship of prospective and current legacy donors
- Developing, implementing and monitoring an annual marketing plan
- Leading the development, production and distribution of public relations materials including newsletters, brochures, annual reports and audio-visual resources
- Leading the development and management of the YW’s website content and online media
- Organizing and conducting tours of the YW’s facilities and making presentations about the work of the YW to community groups
Hours of Work: Flexible based on 37.5 hours per week
Please respond in writing by March 15, 2019 to:
153 Frederick Street
The YW is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations.
YW is committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Due to the number of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.