- Degree or diploma in the area of social work, child and youth worker, recreation and leisure or other relevant field of study
- Ability to facilitate in person and virtual youth programs that include discussion around sensitive topics and incorporate physical activity, body image, self-acceptance, self-confidence, mental health and self-esteem programming
- Ability to develop positive relationships with youth
- Ability to take initiative to effectively problem solve
- Valid Standard First Aid Certification and CPR certification Level C
- Ability to work effectively with community partners, stakeholders, youth and the public
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Vulnerable Sector Check
All employees of the YW are expected to demonstrate respect, empathy, and accountability to the people who access our services, and to attend work regularly as regular attendance is critical to maintaining the highest quality and level of service expected in delivering services.
Rate of Pay: $22.52 per hour, with an additional 2% in lieu of benefits
Hours: 16 hours per week – afternoon and evenings
Coordinator Fearlessly Girl
153 Frederick Street, Kitchener, ON N2H 2M2
YW Kitchener-Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations. No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YW Kitchener-Waterloo is committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.