YOUTH WORKER I – On the Move
On the Move is a 12-week program for female youth 12-16 years of age. The Youth Worker I will be responsible for delivering physical and recreational activities that promote social, emotional, cognitive and physical growth.
- Plan, organize and deliver a calendar of structured and informal activities aimed to engage girls aged 12 to 16 years, in physical activity, beginner sports and recreation opportunities.
- Develop programs which enhance self-esteem, build tolerance, respect, trust and acceptance of individuality and which reflect a variety of cultures and ways of life.
- Build helping relationships with youth, facilitate problem solving and act as a positive role model.
- Degree or diploma in Recreation and Physical Education or other relevant field of study.
- Work experience with youth, preferably in instruction of athletic, fitness or sports activities and techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Current first aid and C.P.R. certification.
- Valid Driver License (access to a vehicle an asset)
Rate of Pay: $19.381 per hour, with an additional 2% in lieu of benefits
Hours: 6 hours per week (2 hours in program (evenings); 4 hours of program planning time per week;)
Please respond in writing, indicating how you became aware of this job posting, by August 13, 2014 to:
153 Frederick Street
Kitchener, ON N2H 2M2
The YWCA is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations, and are committed to ensuring equal and full participation for all applicants during the recruitment and selection process.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.