POSITION: Day Camp Site Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Program Supervisor
HOURS: Fixed Term - Variable Hours
SALARY: Under Review
START DATE: Summer 2015
FUNCTION: To supervise a team of day camp counselors in the delivery of day camping programs and services that ensure opportunities for learning and growth that adheres to and promotes YMCA mission, vision and values.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· To act as a team leader to direct, support, and assist other team members in the delivery of excellent programming
· To plan and deliver programs for day camp participants following YMCA objectives
· To appreciate and support YMCA values, mission and vision
· To demonstrate energy, dedication and enthusiasm
· To thrive in an atmosphere of change and ambiguity
· To work as a member of a team
· To model commitment to service excellence and quality
· Minimum 2 years day camp experience
· Supervisory experience an asset
· Current Standard First Aid and CPR certification
· Acceptable Police Check
Teamwork: Participates actively in a team for organizational effectiveness.
Concern for Health and Safety: Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction.
Creativity and Innovation: Develops new ways or adapts existing ideas to help us achieve desired results. Challenge the status quo to discover more effective ways of performing.
Leadership: Motivates and inspires self and others to take action to achieve desired outcomes.
Note: This position requires a commitment to the YMCA mission and core values, as well as a commitment to building developmental assets in children and adults.
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com Human Resources, YMCA Administration Offices, 460 Frederick Street, Suite 203, Kitchener ON N2H 2P5 Fax to: 519-576-6223
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, February 27, 2015, 12:00 pm
The YMCAs of Cambridge & Kitchener-Waterloo complies with the Employment Standards Act, Pay Equity Legislation and the Human Rights Code. The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The YMCAs of Cambridge & Kitchener-Waterloo are committed to protecting personal information by following responsible
information handling practices, in keeping with privacy laws. For more information on the YMCAs commitment to privacy,
please visit our web site at www.ymcacambridgekw.ca
Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.