POSITION: Camp Counselor
REPORTS TO: Program Supervisor
HOURS: Fixed Term (evenings and weekends as required)
SALARY: Under Review
START DATE: Summer 2015
FUNCTION: To provide children under the age of fourteen years the opportunity to develop social and cognitive skills through value based programming.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Greet children and parents
· Assist with the set up for the daily activities
· Share in the planning, development and implementation of programs, activities and off site excursions
· Guide and redirect children away from conflict
· Assist with the supervision of all campers
· Ensure that all daily procedures and camp policies are adhered to
· Communicate in a professional manner to parents
· Maintain confidentiality of parents, children and staff
· Ensure children are signed in/out of the day camp program
· Plan and deliver programs for day camp participants following YMCA objectives
· Appreciate and support YMCA values, mission and vision
· Demonstrate energy, dedication and enthusiasm
· Thrive in an atmosphere of change and ambiguity
· Work as a member of a team
· Model commitment to service excellence and quality
· Previous experience with program planning and utilizing resources
· Standard First Aid and CPR
· Acceptable Police Check
Commitment to Organization Vision and Values: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of, and appreciation for, the mission, vision, strategic outcomes and values of the YMCA.
Service Orientation: Deliberately identifies and creates opportunities to enhance each and every person’s YMCA experience.
Communication: Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievement across the Association.
Team Work: Possesses the ability to work effectively with others to achieve optimal collective results.
Self-Management: Demonstrates the ability to be self-directed and self-motivated.
Diversity: Appreciates that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the challenge or situation at hand.
Note: This position requires a commitment to the YMCA mission and core values as well as a commitment to building developmental assets in children and adults.
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resources, YMCA Administration Offices,
460 Frederick Street, Suite 203, Kitchener ON N2H 2P5
Fax to: 519-576-6223
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, February 27, 2015 12:00 pm
The YMCAs of Cambridge & Kitchener-Waterloo complies with the Employment Standards Act, Pay Equity Legislation and the Human Rights Code. The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The YMCAs of Cambridge & Kitchener-Waterloo are committed to protecting personal information by following responsible
information handling practices, in keeping with privacy laws. For more information on the YMCA’s commitment to privacy,
please visit our web site at www.ymcacambridgekw.ca
Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.