· Responsible for maintaining guests’ safety at the Waterslides and Spray N’ Play, demonstrating professional and consistent adherence to all pool safety standards.
· Assists in providing exceptional service to guests.
· Maintains safe use of the water slide/water features and does not allow dangerous activities.
· Responsible for maintaining proper positioning, visibility and condition of slide safety and rescue equipment.
· Performs daily safety checks of waterslides for potential hazards.
· Perform regularly assigned maintenance duties including opening/closing.
· Perform regularly assigned maintenance duties including opening/closing procedures, pool tests, and pool maintenance.
· Participate in ALL staff training lessons, both the initial and on-going training.
· Ensure that the standards of Regulation 565 of the Health Protection and Promotion Act and Part V of the Amusement Devices Act are always followed.
· Uphold and perform to the standards set by the Lifesaving Society of Canada.
· Perform first aid and CPR when required.
· Comply with relevant health and safety laws as they apply under the Occupational Health & Safety Act, the Regulations and the WHMIS Regulations.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head Guard, or management.
· Minimum 16 years of age.
· Standard First Aid and Basic Rescuer CPR Level “C” and AED.
· Ideal for newly certified lifeguards with no guarding experience.
· Lifeguarding experience is NOT a requirement.
· Physical performance requirements in swimming and running.
· Some light lifting.
· Physical stamina in an outdoor environment.
· Mental alertness a must always.
· Varied hours including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
· Outdoor environment, various weather conditions.
Bingemans welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Contact: Joanna Kosy, Staffing Coordinator at Bingemans firstname.lastname@example.org