LOCATION: Employment Services
HOURS: Part time contract until December 2018 (4 days/week)
START DATE: Immediate
FUNCTION: The incumbent will develop business partnerships and contacts and provide access and support the employment and job placement of individuals including immigrants, Canadian citizens and persons with disabilities to a pre-apprenticeship training program
- Recruit participants for the pre-apprenticeship training program
- Assist in assessing and selecting eligible and suitable candidates
- Networking – employers, clients, community agencies to connect and build relationships
- Assist in the development of employment placements for clients
- Coach and mentor clients and employers
- Assist in the placement monitoring – complete worksite visits, monitor client success and conduct follow up
- Prepare and submit progress reports
- Assist in developing employment and communication courses/workshops
- Facilitate courses and workshops
- Marketing and promotion to employers to increase awareness of services, build relationships and create placement opportunities
- Participate in professional development and keep updated with labour market trends and information
- Provide presentations and information to employers, community groups, schools, agencies and other organizations involved in providing community based programs
- Completion of Community College diploma in Human Services or Business
- 2-3 years employment services experience
- Intermediate computer knowledge of Microsoft Office and Access
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate in a 2nd Language (Oral and Written)
- A valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle are required
- Career Development Practitioner Certificate and/or Job Development Training (an asset)
- Acceptable Police Check for Vulnerable Sector
Communication: Communicate in a thorough, clear and timely manner and support information sharing and goal achievement across the Association.
Problem Solving: Develop new ways or adapt existing ideas to help achieve desired results. Challenge the status quo to discover more effective ways of performing.
Relationship Building and Collaboration: Build positive interactions both internally and externally to foster enthusiasm and appreciation to achieve work related goals.
Tolerance for Ambiguity: Function effectively in situations of less than perfect or incomplete information.
Flexibility and Adaptability: Able to work quickly and efficiently with ambiguity, adjust to customer needs, respond to unforeseen opportunities and issues with confidence, and integrate new information as it becomes available.
Note: This position requires a commitment to the YMCA mission and core values, as well as a commitment to building developmental assets in children and adults.
Applications are accepted electronically only. When applying, please quote posting number JP 13-2018, to:
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 6, 2018 at noon.
The YMCA’s of Cambridge & Kitchener-Waterloo embraces diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation need known to the YMCA. The YMCAs comply with the Employment Standards Act, Pay Equity Legislation and privacy laws. In keeping with privacy laws, we are committed to protecting personal information by following responsible information handling practices. For more information on the YMCA’s commitment to privacy, please visit our web site at www.ymcacambridgekw.ca . Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.