HOURS: Fixed term until September 2016
START DATE: June 2016
FUNCTION: To provide children under the age of fourteen years the opportunity to develop social and cognitive skills through value based programming.
- Greet children and parents and communicate in a professional manner
- Assist with the set up for the daily activities
- Share in the planning, development and implementation of programs, activities and off site excursions
- Assist with the supervision of all campers and guide and redirect children away from conflict
- Ensure that all daily procedures and camp policies are adhered to
- Maintain confidentiality of parents, children and staff
- Ensure children are signed in/out of the day camp program
- Plan and deliver programs for day camp participants following YMCA objectives
- Demonstrate energy, dedication and enthusiasm
- Thrive in an atmosphere of change and ambiguity
- Work as a member of a team
- Model commitment to service excellence and quality
- Must be at least 16 years of age and have previous experience with program planning and utilizing resources
- Standard First Aid and CPR
Commitment to Organization Vision and Values: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of, and appreciation for, the mission, vision, strategic outcomes and values of the YMCA.
Service Orientation: Deliberately identifies and creates opportunities to enhance each and every person’s YMCA experience.
Communication: Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievement across the Association.
Team Work: Possesses the ability to work effectively with others to achieve optimal collective results.
Self-Management: Demonstrates the ability to be self-directed and self-motivated.
Diversity: Appreciates that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the challenge or situation at hand.
Note: This position requires a commitment to the YMCA mission and core values as well as a commitment to building developmental assets in children and adults.
Applications are accepted electronically only. When applying, please quote posting number JP 10-2016, and specify preferred location to:
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, February 12, 2016, 12:00 pm