As a member of a multi disciplinary staff team, you will provide assistance to tenants living in YWCA Supportive Housing to support their independent living and maintain their housing.
Provide immediate support to tenants in conflict following an established Conflict Resolution Program and respond to requests for support and crisis intervention.
Establish positive relationships with tenants and participate in the creation of a stable, secure environment.
- Knowledge of the impact of trauma and abuse and the impact of poverty and homelessness on individuals of all ages, normally obtained through the completion of a 2-year college program in Social Services and 2 years work experience in a residential or supportive housing environment.
- Knowledge in harm reduction philosophies and techniques, as well as crisis and suicide intervention skills
- Experience working within the parameters of a Conflict Resolution Program.
- Understanding of current legislation pertaining to housing, advocacy and tenant/landlord rights, usually obtained through a general knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act.
- Ability to think independently, set priorities and resolve problems effectively and efficiently.
- Valid certifications in Standard First Aid, CPR Level C, and Overdose prevention training.
All employees of the YWCA are expected to demonstrate respect, empathy, and accountability to the people who access our services, and to attend work regularly as regular attendance is critical to maintaining the highest quality and level of service expected in delivering services.
WAGE: $20.7276 per hour.
POSITION: 1 full-time position, 37.5 hours per week (Sunday to Thursday 12:00 midnight to 8:00 a.m.)
Please respond in writing by March 6, 2017 to:
153 Frederick Street
Kitchener, ON N2H 2M2
YWCA Kitchener-Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YWCA Kitchener-Waterloo is committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.