invites applications for the position of Permanent Part-Time
TENANT SUPPORT WORKER
Lincoln Road Supportive Housing
As a member of a multi-disciplinary staff team, you will provide assistance to tenants living in YW Supportive Housing to support their independent living and maintain their housing. Provide immediate support to tenants in conflict following an established Conflict Resolution Program and respond to requests for support and crisis intervention. Establish positive relationships with tenants and participate in the creation of a stable, secure environment.
- Knowledge of the impact of trauma and abuse and the impact of poverty and homelessness on individuals of all ages, normally obtained through the completion of a 2-year college program in Social Services and 2 years work experience in a residential or supportive housing environment.
- Knowledge in harm reduction philosophies and techniques, as well as crisis and suicide intervention skills
- Experience working within the parameters of a Conflict Resolution Program.
- Understanding of current legislation pertaining to housing, advocacy and tenant/landlord rights, usually obtained through a general knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act.
- Ability to think independently, set priorities and resolve problems effectively and efficiently.
- Valid certifications in Standard First Aid, CPR Level C, and Overdose prevention training.
RATE: $22.078 per hour
HOURS: Weekends – Saturday and Sunday – from 12:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m., and weekdays as required
Please submit resume and cover letter, indicating how you became aware of this posting, by May 12, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. to:
Director of Homelessness & Housing Services
YW Support Housing (Lincoln Road)
155 Lincoln Road
Waterloo, ON N2J 4S7
YW is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals
of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YW is committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.