Easter Seals camp staff are a group of dedicated individuals that come together with one common goal – giving campers the best week of their summer! Staff gain a vast amount of experience as we provide a 3:1 camper to staff ratio, which is significantly larger than the 8:1 or 10:1 that you’d find at other sleep-over summer camps.
You’ll also find the impact of working with Easter Seals goes beyond one summer.
Choose your location:
Camp Squamish location dates are June 18th to August 10th.
Camp Winfield/Camp Shawnigan location dates are June 8th to August 29th.
Applications are reviewed and interviews are conducted on an ongoing basis until June. We encourage you to apply early in the season, as it is a very competitive process. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview that will be set up through Zoom. Be prepared to show a bit of your creative side!
All staff must have proof of a Standard First Aid and CPR-C prior to the start date. A criminal record check completed within 6 months of the start of camp with a vulnerable sector search is also mandatory. We also recommend a Hep A and B vaccination prior to employment.
- Camp Counsellors provide direct care for campers. Counsellors will form a buddy group with 6 campers and 1 or 2 volunteer counsellors each week and operate as a family unit through the week. Camp counsellors are experienced camp people who are hired for the length of the summer.
- The Aquatics Programmer provides fun, safe, camp activities that further develop campers’ appreciation, enjoyment and skills surrounding water activities. Working with the other programmers, the Aquatics Programmers create a theme each week and run a magical storyline that wraps up at weeks end.
- The Recreation, Games & Ropes (RGR) Programmer’s primary role is to work on the programming team to provide a wide variety of fun, safe camp activities that uphold the Camping Program Objectives.
- The Outdoor Pursuits Programmer’s primary role is to work on the programming team to provide a wide variety of fun, safe camp activities that uphold the Camping Program Objectives, while further developing camp’s appreciation and skills surrounding the outdoors.
- The Arts and Crafts (A&C) Programmer provides a wide variety of engaging camp activities that further develop camper’s appreciation, enjoyment and skills for art and drama. Working with the other programmers, the A&C Programmer creates a theme each week and runs a magical storyline that wraps up at weeks end. One A&C Programmer will be hired for the length of the summer.