Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Wage: $21.03 per hour
Start Date: TBD
Scope of Position:
Community Justice Initiatives is accepting applications for a Stride Circles Coordinator.
The Stride Circles Coordinator will work closely with the Stride Team and Stride Program Coordinator and will be responsible for facilitating the Stride Circles and reintegration programming for federally sentenced women incarcerated in Grand Valley Institution for Women (GVI) and in the community.
Community Justice Initiatives is an organization which has pioneered innovative programs in restorative justice for 40 years. Our mission is to inspire safe, healthy and peaceful communities, one resolution at a time.
- Coordinate and oversee the Stride Circles Program
- Assess reintegration needs of clients
- Participate in Stride Night and Stride on the Outside as relevant to the Circles program
- Match, facilitate and support Stride Circles
- Coordinate referrals and intake assessments
- Liaise with GVI, Correctional Service Canada (CSC) and other community agencies
- Facilitate and participate in evaluation processes
- Recruit, train, support and supervise Circle program volunteers
- Oversee students and work release placements
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with broader community
- Various administrative duties including but not limited to, monitoring the program budget, completing statistics, funding reports, expense reports, etc.
Skills, Competencies and Requirements:
- Post-secondary education in the social services field and /or related experience
- Knowledge of Restorative Justice and its philosophies
- Experience with vulnerable women, social services networks, reintegration issues
- Working with volunteers
- Large and small group facilitation skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Must be available to work flexible hours (including some evenings and weekends)
- CPIC clearance, and any other necessary institutional clearances will be required on an ongoing basis
- Access to a reliable vehicle, a valid Ontario “G” Driver’s Licence and a minimum of $1M liability insurance
This posting will be open until August 31, 2015 at 4 p.m. Please apply with a cover letter and resume to:
Community Justice Initiatives
49 Queen St. N., Kitchener, ON N2H 2G9
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.