invites applications for the full-time, unionized position of
YW Kitchener-Waterloo is a community-based charitable organization that champions and supports the enrichment of the lives of women, families, youth, and children through a range of essential services that promote personal growth and independence.
We are seeking a dynamic individual to be an integral member of our philanthropy team. Reporting to the Director of Philanthropy, the Secretary of Database Support will maintain the integrity of the fundraising database and provide clerical and systems support to the Director of Philanthropy and other administrative departments.
- Updates donor files and adds prospect information
- Inputs and extracts data, creates queries, fundraising reports, and exports for analysis of giving trends
- Processes all donations, issues tax receipts, and produces personalized thank-you letters
- Produces, assembles, and mails letters for direct appeals
- College certificate in fundraising or administration and an understanding of financial procedures
- Two years of data processing experience, preferably using fundraising database software
- Knowledge of CRA rules and regulations governing Canadian charities
- Strong computer skills in Word and Excel
- Ability to work several projects simultaneously and manage time according to established priorities with a results-orientated mindset
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to pay meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to exercise discretion in working with confidential financial information
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
Hourly Rate: $20.6282
Please respond with a letter of intent and résumé by midnight Wednesday, January 31, 2018, to
Sheryl Loeffler, Director of Philanthropy
153 Frederick Street, Kitchener, ON N2H 2M2
Fax: 519-576-0129 Email: email@example.com
YW Kitchener-Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YW Kitchener-Waterloo is committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.