Hours: 25 Hours per week –with possible addition of hours pending funding
Rate of Pay: $15.00-17.00 per hour based on experience Hours: Late afternoon early evening
Reports to: Executive Director at Fiddlesticks Community Centre
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic individual to join the Fiddlesticks family starting early September 2021.
This part time, approx. 25 hrs per week, 12 month position (with a possibility for contract renewal pending funding), is available for a candidate with a minimum of one year experience working with children and youth aged 4-18 years old, but also comfortable working with all ages.
The Recreation Community Development Worker position will focus on program facilitation and event assistance. The successful candidate will be involved in facilitation of our after school program, various evening youth drop in opportunities, community events, as well as our amazing summer camps! Possibility to move to 35 hours per week for the months of July and August of 2022.
This position is generally late afternoon, into early evening with an eye to have Saturday programming in future.
The position will be based out of the Fiddlesticks main office located at 71 Cowan Blvd. in Cambridge; however will include other locations including local schools, to deliver youth programming.
Reporting to the Executive Director, this 25 hour per week positions start date is somewhat flexible, with the hope to have the staff in place for mid-august.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Program planning, implementation and facilitation
- Assist with event planning and execution
- Supply management
- Provide support and facilitate the development of leadership skills in youth to plan and implement programs and special events. (program leaders, FYRE Committee and Leadership Trainees)
- Supervision and management of volunteers during program times
- Assist with and promote registration of all programs
- Social Media
- Program marketing and Advertising
- Assist with the recruiting and training of program leaders
- Maintain accurate and up to date registration and attendance records
- Attend staff meetings and participate in relevant in-house training programs
- Assist with compiling statistics on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Develop summer camp programs in collaboration with coordinator of summer programs and volunteer committee members.
- Assist with participant registration
- General office support
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- A degree or diploma in child/youth related field such as Recreation and Leisure, Education, Early Childhood Education or Child and Youth Worker, or other relevant human services education. Candidates who are currently enrolled in their second year of a human services program will be considered, pending experience.
- Sports oriented, outgoing and outdoorsy personality a definite must!
- Experience with youth required
- Program development and implementation experience
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Report writing and record keeping skills
- Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and Publisher, Adobe, CANVA, Wordpress)
- Ability to multi-task
- Able to work afternoon/evening and occasional weekend hours
- Self-directed team player with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must have personal vehicle and driver’s license.
- Standard First Aid and CPR C with AED
- Trained in High Five (Principles of Healthy Child Development), Quest and Safe Food Handling an asset, however may be obtained post hire
- Able to produce a clear Police Record Check, including vulnerable sector
- Able to work in a fast pace environment
- Position requires an individual who is capable of lifting (approx. 40 pounds) and moving recreation equipment, a high degree of physical activity and the ability to keep up with our youth. They're pretty darn quick!
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Resumes are due by 5:00 on Wednesday August 25 , 2021.
Please e mail: email@example.com
Attention Kim Fowler