Program Developer, Summer Camp, STEAM Education
Dept. / Campus:
School of Community Services/Remote
April 19, 2021
April 25, 2021
Administrative Temporary Full-time Contract Position (Six weeks)
As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves around the world and in our local community, Conestoga College continues to adjust plans based on the guidance provided by our local Public Health authority. Considering these unprecedented circumstances, all final hiring decisions remain contingent upon confirmed enrolment numbers and the evolving work environment. Conestoga College will take appropriate measures to protect the safety and well-being of our College community and prospective candidates throughout the recruitment and selection process, including the scheduling of remote interviews.
The School of Community Services, ECE Professional Resource Centre, has an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Program Developer.
We are currently seeking a qualified professional to develop a summer camp program for school-aged children that focuses on STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics) education.
Your contributions will directly make a difference in our local community.
This six-week contract role is an immediate start.
Although many of our employees are currently working remotely, all employees are expected to be able to work on campus as required.
Under the direction of the Manager of the ECE Professional Resource Centre, the successful candidate is responsible for completion of the program:
- Designing activities in each area of STEAM that can be implemented with children, indoors and/or outdoors
- Creating provocation kits that include resources, materials, and equipment to support STEAM programming
- Developing a guidebook of ideas and questions for interacting with children to highlight learnings
- Compiling a summary profile of developmental milestones for age groups
- Creating a community of practice that supports camp staff and provides a platform to highlight stories of children’s experiences and successes
- Working virtually in a collaborative, collegial manner
- A Diploma or Degree in the sciences, or an education degree
- Minimum three years of experience working in a science-related industry or teaching science to school-aged children
- Strong knowledge of science, math, engineering, and technology concepts
- Demonstrated ability to simplify complicated science concepts
- Demonstrated ability to excite others in the possibilities of science, math, engineering, and technology concepts
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team in a virtual environment
- Strong commitment to meeting project deadlines
- Applicants are required to apply directly through Conestoga at: