Company: Raising the Bar
Term: 35 hours a week/ 1 year contract
- Collaborate with the other RTB Program Coordinator, community partners and key stakeholders in order to fulfill the RTBP quality initiative
- Plan and manage with the other Program Coordinator, incentives and strategies to enable participating licensed programs to achieve benchmarks and enhance the development of quality programs for young children.
- Facilitate with the existing Program Coordinator, the development of community wide quality standards to promote best practice effectively.
- Plan and manage community events to promote and support community engagement, including professional networking groups, annual recognition event, professional education and peer review days.
- Ensure the use of quality assurance tools and provide ongoing specialized support to programs to achieve and maintain standards.
- Promote and provide professional education sessions and support on the use and value of quality measurement tools.
- Advise and provide leadership with licensed early learning and care program supervisors and managers that includes sharing information and resources
- Be a representative on various committees and community meetings as a representative of CDRCP and RTB
Qualifications & Skills:
- Strong leadership, communication, analytical, negotiation, problem solving, time management and mentoring skills
- Minimum E.C.E. Degree /or Diploma and 5 years of progressive experience in the early learning and child care. Must be registered with the College of ECE’s
- Excellent knowledge of the principles and effective practices of quality early learning and care (0-12 years) programs
- Knowledge of Raising the Bar and current early years and child care legislation
- Experience in staff supervision
- Effective use of current technology including databases, social media and website maintenance
- Clear English verbal and written communication skills, second language an asset
- Acceptable Criminal Reference Check
A resume and covering letter referencing the job title should be received by Wednesday February 6th, 2013
Name: Elizabeth Hawley
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.