Part-time Child Development Practitioner (Apprenticeship) - Repost
Dept / Campus:
Child Development Centre/Doon
Hours of work may be between 7:30am and 5:30pm Monday to Friday; 24 hours per week
March 11, 2021
Posted Until Position Filled
Support Staff Temporary Part-time Position (ASAP – February 2022)
As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves around the world and in our local community, Conestoga College continues to adjust plans based on the guidance provided by our local Public Health authority. Considering these unprecedented circumstances, final hiring decisions remain contingent upon confirmed enrolment numbers and the evolving work environment. Conestoga College will take appropriate measures to protect the safety and well-being of our College community and prospective candidates throughout the recruitment and selection process, including the scheduling of remote interviews.
We are currently recruiting someone who is interested in being sponsored in the Child Development Practitioner program (Apprenticeship) who is willing to learn; attend evening classes (two nights) and work during the day. We require a passionate employee who will follow the philosophy of the Conestoga College Early Learning Programs and maintain professional relationships with children, families, and Educators. The incumbent will support the implementation of quality programs for children aged 0-4 years old. The incumbent is responsible for upholding the Child Care and Early Years Act (CCEYA) and the Staff Handbook guidelines.
This opportunity is located at the Doon campus in Kitchener. The hours of work are 24 hours per week between 7:30 AM and 5:30 PM Monday to Friday.
- Supports the planning and adapts the program/environment to meet the needs of individual children, and supports the implementation of quality programming for children ages 0-4 years old
- Ensures that the basic needs of children are met, including health and safety
- Provides ongoing supervision of all play areas and all activities/routines that occur
- Communicates respectfully with parents and ensures that messages are passed on to both parents, and other staff
- Ensures that any unusual situations are shared with Supervisor
- Attends staff meetings, contributes to team discussions, and participates in professional development that is made available
- Other related duties as assigned
- Current registration in Child Development Practitioner Program (Apprenticeship) required
- Standard First Aid and CPR training required
- Clear criminal reference check and up to date immunization records required
- Applicants are required to apply directly through Conestoga at:
- Applications will be accepted until March 28th 2021.