Nokee Kwe is not for profit organization dedicated to serving individuals in London and surrounding communities with employment and training needs. Founded on Aboriginal principles, Nokee Kwe maintains a collaborative culture highly sensitive to the specific needs of our clients. Nokee Kwe’s doors are open to all individuals and we are proud to both employ and serve a diverse population. We are currently seeking a motivated adult educator to coordinate and instruct the Native Literacy Program at Nokee Kwe.
As the Native Literacy Program Coordinator you will be responsible for the administration related to the program, teaching adult students, and managing volunteer tutors. You will work collaboratively with staff and management of all Nokee Kwe programs, participate in organizational initiatives and events, and share the resources of the organization.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in social sciences,
education or related field. Preference given to those with certification in Adult Education, Familiarity with OALCF (Ontario Adult Literacy Curriculum Framework) and the new curriculum framework
- Familiarity with Native learning styles and learning
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an educational
- Demonstrated teaching competency in a client-focused, adult learning environment
- Knowledge of learning strategies and methodologies for
overcoming barriers to education Knowledge of Aboriginal culture and teachings
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, team-oriented
environment offering multiple programs
- Financial management skills: budget compliance, expenditure reporting, preparing reports
- Ability to maintain and protect confidential information and
adhere to ethical guidelines
- Computer proficiency and data base experience
- Familiarity with government databases is considered an asset: Familiarity with CaMS will be an asset
Please forward a resume and cover letter to email@example.com on or before Monday September 16th, 2013. Please place “Native Literacy” in the subject line, failure to do so will result in a disqualification.
Please note, we do not retain resumes, and only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Nokee Kwe is an equal opportunity employer and thus welcomes applications from any and all interested parties who meet the specified qualifications for this position.
We thank you for your interest.