External Job Posting
YW Kitchener-Waterloo invites applications for the
Temporary full-time position of:
TENANT SUPPORT WORKER
until March 31, 2019
84 Frederick Supportive Housing
As a member of a multi-disciplinary staff team, you will provide assistance to tenants living in YW Supportive Housing to support their independent living and maintain their housing.
Provide immediate support to tenants in conflict following an established Conflict Resolution Program and respond to requests for support and crisis intervention.
Establish positive relationships with tenants and participate in the creation of a stable, secure environment.
- Knowledge of the impact of trauma and abuse and the impact of poverty and homelessness on individuals of all ages, normally obtained through the completion of a 2-year college program in Social Services and 2 years work experience in a residential or supportive housing environment.
- Knowledge in harm reduction philosophies and techniques, as well as crisis and suicide intervention skills
- Experience working within the parameters of a Conflict Resolution Program.
- Understanding of current legislation pertaining to housing, advocacy and tenant/landlord rights, usually obtained through a general knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act.
- Ability to think independently, set priorities and resolve problems effectively and efficiently.
- Valid certifications in Standard First Aid, CPR Level C, and Overdose prevention training.
RATE OF PAY: $21.428 per hour, with an additional 2% in lieu of benefits
HOURS: Total 63 hours per pay period. (Rotation schedule – 36 hours one week and 27 hours the alternate
week). 3-4 days per week from 2:00 pm to 11:00 pm. Every other weekend off.
Please respond in writing by November 15. 2018, indicating how you became aware of this job to:
Cathy Middleton, R.P.
Director of Homelessness and Housing Programs
153 Frederick Street
Kitchener, ON N2H 2M2
YW is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YW is committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.