invites applications for the temporary full-time position of:
RAPID RESKILLING PROGRAM (Non-unionized position)
Duration: Approximately 24 months (April, 2021 to March, 2023)
In Her Shoes is an employment and entrepreneurship program focused on supporting women (cis and trans), and non-binary folx to achieve financial independence by developing career management skills. The Job Developer will develop and deliver our new initiative, In Her Shoes – Rapid Reskilling. This program will provide certificate-based training, job-seeking support, and job development opportunities in the fields of advanced manufacturing and advanced technology for women (cis and trans) and non-binary folx.
A unique part of this Rapid Reskilling program is assisting participants to achieve certification within the fields of advanced manufacturing and technology, as well as to support them in job readiness and placement opportunities. The Job Developer plays a key role to identify needs of both employers and participants, to support participants in group settings and on a 1:1 basis, and to coordinate mentorship opportunities, placement opportunities and training opportunities. The Job Developer will do this by initiating and fostering relationships with employers and by providing individualized wrap around supports to the participants.
- Support YW Kitchener-Waterloo mission, vision and values
- Job Development:
- Conduct ongoing research of and outreach to employers, community resources and programs to develop job placements and opportunities post their certificate training
- Assist participants to make successful transitions into their new positions
- Research and plan for targeted, individualized job placements that meet the needs and qualifications of each individual
- Initiate and foster relationships with various stakeholders, training providers and corporate leaders to assess needs, identify opportunities, develop supports, and track successes.
- Actively recruits employers and seeks out job placement opportunities, including identifying and contacting new prospective employers in specialized technology and advanced manufacturing fields
- Assist employers and clients with job maintenance and retention
- Develop intentional relationships to identify ongoing employment gaps
- Recruitment of Participants:
- Perform marketing and outreach activities to recruit participants
- Perform intakes including needs and risk assessments, and qualification assessments as prescribed by program guidelines
- Supporting Participants:
- Assist the participants to develop and enhance their employment skills through coaching and individualized support.
- Pair participants with quality mentors in their field
- Identify goals and barriers to their success; work with participants to create action plans to achieve their goals.
- Assist participants with such matters as job readiness skills, job search strategies, writing résumés and preparing for job interviews.
- Assessment, Evaluation & Reporting:
- Evaluate, monitor and document participants’ progress and activities.
- Provide accurate and timely activity reports
- Programming Curriculum:
- Design and facilitate learning opportunities in the area of job seeker marketing
- Adapt instructional strategies and materials according to the needs of the participants and/or the employer partners
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have a valid degree/diploma/certificate/ in Career Development, Job Development, Human Resources, or a combination of related work and academic experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to work in a performance-based system with a proven track record of meeting targets and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment.
- Knowledge of instructional methods and experience developing and delivering training content with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- High level of human relations and negotiation skills to establish and maintain appropriate communication links with participants, partners and stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Google Apps and email, and working knowledge of Mac operating systems and online software programs.
- Ability to think independently, set priorities and resolve problems effectively and efficiently.
- Knowledge of the Kitchener-Waterloo labour market and industry trends.
- Must provide a current Criminal Record Judicial Matters Police check or willingness to obtain at own cost.
- Must have current Emergency First Aid and CPR certificate or willingness to obtain at own cost.
- Must be able to work from a feminist, anti-racist/anti-oppressive perspective.
- Understanding or experience of advanced manufacturing and advanced technology work environments considered an asset.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a motor vehicle is an asset, must be able to travel as required (minimal local travel may be required).
All employees of the YW are expected to demonstrate respect, empathy, and accountability to the people who access our services, and to attend work regularly as regular attendance is critical to maintaining the highest quality and level of service expected in delivering services.
Rate of Pay: $25.77 to $26.02 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Duration: Approximately 24 months – April 2021 to March 2023
Please respond with resume by midnight March 21, 2021 to:
Coordinator of Training and Employment Services
153 Frederick Street
Kitchener, ON N2H 2M2
YW Kitchener-Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations. No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YW Kitchener-Waterloo is committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.