HOURS: Fixed term contract until September 2017
START DATE: June 2017
FUNCTION: To supervise a team of day camp counselors in the delivery of day camping programs and services that ensure opportunities for learning and growth that adheres to and promotes YMCA mission, vision and values.
- To act as a team leader to direct, support, and assist other team members in the delivery of excellent programming
- To plan and deliver programs for day camp participants following YMCA objectives
- To demonstrate energy, dedication and enthusiasm and to appreciate and support YMCA values, mission and vision
- To thrive in an atmosphere of change and ambiguity
- To work as a member of a team
- To model commitment to service excellence and quality
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Minimum 2 years day camp experience
- Supervisory experience an asset
- Current certification in Standard First Aid and CPR-C
- Clear Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Persons Screening
Teamwork: Participates actively in a team for organizational effectiveness.
Concern for Health and Safety: Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction.
Creativity and Innovation: Develops new ways or adapts existing ideas to help us achieve desired results. Challenge the status quo to discover more effective ways of performing.
Leadership: Motivates and inspires self and others to take action to achieve desired outcomes.
Note: This position requires a commitment to the YMCA mission and core values, as well as a commitment to building developmental assets in children and adults.
When applying, please quote posting number JP 06-2017 to
Specify preferred location: Kitchener, A.R. Kaufman Family YMCA, Waterloo, Stork Family YMCA, or Cambridge, Chaplin Family YMCA
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Thursday, January 26, 2017, Noon.
The YMCAs of Cambridge & Kitchener-Waterloo embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace, welcoming applications from all qualified persons. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation need known to the YMCA. The YMCAs comply with the Employment Standards Act, Pay Equity Legislation and privacy laws. In keeping with privacy laws, we are committed to protecting personal information by following responsible information handling practices. For more information on the YMCAs commitment to privacy, please visit our web site at www.ymcacambridgekw.ca. Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.