Huron County Library
(1) Summer Literacy Coordinator
The Huron County Library requires one Summer Literacy Coordinator to assist with the TD Summer Reading Club. The positions may develop and promote children’s programs, compile statistics and reports and create publicity materials. Tasks and duties may be modified to accommodate individual circumstances.
Hours of work:
- 8 weeks (June-August) 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Hours of work are traditionally 8:30 am to 4:30 p.m.
- This position is funded by a Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ) grant
- Must be a full-time student in previous academic year, intending to return to full-time studies in next academic year
- Must be between the ages of 15 and 30 years of age at start of employment
- Preference will be given to applicants deemed to meet the grant definition of priority applicants: students with a disabilitiy, visible minorities or aboriginal youth. Tasks may be modified to accommodate the successful applicant’s abilities.
Wages: up to 13.84 per hour
- Excellent organization and record keeping skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good computer skills, working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Children's literature, programming, and literacy an asset
Please forward cover letter and resume in one PDF document by 4:30 pm Friday June 10th, 2016 to:
E-mail: humanresources [at] huroncounty [dot] ca
The Corporation of the County of Huron – Human Resources
1 Courthouse Square
The County of Huron is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Information is collected solely for the purpose of job selection under the provisions of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection Act
Posted June 2nd, 2016