invites applications for the Permanent full-time Position of
Human Resources Generalist – Talent Management & Development
The Human Resources Generalist supports the Director of Human Resources and will provide support to the HR function including activities related to recruitment and workforce planning, new hire orientation, talent management, employee engagement and well being, health and safety, benefit administration, and human resources information management. They must assist in executing HR initiatives and practices that contribute to an employee-oriented culture. We are seeking a candidate that shares our values - a person who has a passion to make a difference, who has a strong moral compass and has a commitment to teamwork. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, detail oriented and energetic individual who thrives in a fast paced, deadline driven, and ever-changing environment.
REPORTS TO: Director of Human Resources
Support YW Kitchener-Waterloo mission, vision and values
Participate in daily employee/labour relations and human resources department administration
Partner with Director of Human Resources to provide professional consultation in areas related to talent acquisition, talent management, policies/procedures, succession planning, employee relations, employee engagement and retention initiatives
Collaborate with HR Director and department managers to develop and implement recruitment plans for the delivery of high-quality candidates ranging from entry level to management positions
Support leaders in the development of job descriptions for new and existing positions and create effective job postings
Assist managers in Planning and conducting recruitment and selection processes (telephone screening, interviews, contacting references, etc.)
Perform HR administration i.e. create offer letters, maintain employee files, generate reports etc.
Manage the employee engagement survey process, assess trends, gaps and outcomes and partner with HR team to create action plan
Design and implement organizational effectiveness tools and programs to support employee engagement, change management and team effectiveness
Assist in the Facilitation of the Annual Talent Review/Succession Planning Cycle
Maintain compliance with federal, provincial, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; review policies and practices to maintain compliance.
Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
Work safely, report all workplace hazards and follow all Health and Safety policies and procedures
Be familiar and adhere to the Occupational Health & Safety Act, Human Rights and Employment Standards Act
Assist in the Return-To-Work program and Disability claims management activities
Create a safe and healthy work environment that fosters a positive team culture
Attend Health and Safety meetings regularly and update records
Attend and participate in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
Performs other duties as assigned.
• Must have a valid University degree or College diploma in Human Resources or a related field
• Minimum 2-3 years of Human Resources Generalist or similar work experience
• Must be highly organized with excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
• Solid professionalism and integrity while working as part of the HR and organizational team
• Proven ability to work in a confidential manner, demonstrating appropriate discretion at all times
• Knowledge of key HR related legislation and industry trends
• Proactive problem-solving skills with a strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Proficiency with MS Office Applications including but not limited to Word, Excel and Outlook
• Must provide a current Police Information Check
• CHRP or CHRL designation is an asset
• Experience in Health & Safety and Labour relations is an asset BENEFITS: Extended Health and Dental Benefits Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Life insurance Registered Pension Plan (4.5% Employer contribution) Employee Assistance Program 3 Weeks’ Vacation Paid Sick Time All YW employees are expected to demonstrate respect, empathy, and accountability to the people who access our services, and to attend work regularly as regular attendance is critical to maintaining the highest quality and level of service expected in delivering services.
STARTING SALARY: $ 51,772.50/annum - ($26.55/hour)
HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 per week - Monday to Friday
START DATE: As soon as possible
All YW employees are expected to demonstrate respect, empathy, and accountability to the people who access our services, and to attend work regularly as regular attendance is critical to maintaining the highest quality and level of service expected in delivering services.
Director of Human Resources
153 Frederick Street
Kitchener, ON N2H 2M2
YW is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YW is committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.