HOUSING SUPPORT COORDINATOR
The Housing Support Coordinator works collaboratively to assist individuals and families to secure and maintain safe, affordable housing by assessing housing needs and supports, developing and implementing action plans, assisting with housing search related activities, partnering with landlords and housing providers to ensure appropriate housing placement and provide post placement follow-up.
- Successful completion of an undergraduate degree in Social Services or equivalent human services education and a minimum of three years’ work experience with individuals in a supportive housing setting preferred.
- Masters in Social Work would be an asset.
- Conceptual and theoretical knowledge of strength based mental health approaches, addictions, trauma, violence against women, women in conflict with the law, youth and adolescents, crisis and suicide intervention
- Proven skills in provision of services to persons experiencing homelessness, rapid rehousing, case management, support, counseling, conflict resolution, crisis intervention and suicide prevention and de-escalation skills
- Demonstrated skill in the areas of program development, training and supervision of staff, budgeting, expenditure and revenue control
- The position requires a tolerance of ambiguity and the ability to be able to change tasks or directions with ease, make back up plans, and adapt ways of providing support to the needs of diverse individuals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office
- First Aid and CPR Level C Certification
- Naloxone/Overdose Prevention Training
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record
All employees of the YWCA are expected to demonstrate respect, empathy, and accountability to the people who access our services, and to attend work regularly as regular attendance is critical to maintaining the highest quality and level of service expected in delivering services.
Starting Hourly Rate: $24.65 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (days, one evening per week, on-call duties)
Please respond in writing by 5:00 p.m. Wednesday, May 31, 2017 to:
153 Frederick Street
Kitchener, ON N2H 2M2
Fax: 519-576-0129 Email: HR@ywcakw.on.ca
YWCA Kitchener-Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals
of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations.
YWCA Kitchener-Waterloo is committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.