Position: Group Facilitator
Reports to: Executive Director
Overview of the position:
To provide effective literacy and essential skills programs that address the ongoing individual learning plan goals for each learner in the small group programs.
- Implements and revises individualized learning plans and goals in collaboration with each learner
- Facilitates learner orientation sessions
- Conducts on-going assessments and administer appropriate milestones
- Refers learners who have attained their goals at TLG to other programs or agencies; develops a transition plan to ensure the learner is successful in their next step
- Ensures confidentiality for all program participants
Small Group Instruction:
- Creates a safe, friendly and engaging learning environment that fosters independent and group learning
- Facilitates small groups in Literacy and Basic Skills and Essential Skills
- Prepares lesson plans with learning activities and materials related to the learning outcomes and skills required for group and individual goals
- Assists with the development of program content, including curriculum
- Liaises with the Program Coordinators to assist with learner placement into appropriate small group
- Works with tutors who volunteer in small groups
- Assists with program planning when required
- Adheres to TLG’s organizational policies and procedures
- Adheres to TLG’s Business Plan by ensuring that efficiency, effectiveness and customer service standards are being met
- Participates in agency events throughout the year including events that take place in Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge or Rural Waterloo Region
- Attends training sessions, workshops, conferences and other events as on-going professional development
- Maintains Access database with learner information as required.
- Maintains learner files with all required information in accordance with MTCU and TLG guidelines.
- Files completed milestones in learner files and keeps the EIOS-Cams database updated.
- Maintains group attendance records, learning plans and files.
- Completes learner exit assessments with all necessary information for the Administrative Assistants.
- Sends group attendance to the Administrative Assistant on a monthly basis.
- Provides monthly updates during staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
- A minimum of two years working or volunteering in the LBS sector
- Post-secondary or equivalent
- Experience with small group instruction
- Ability to build effective relationships with learners, volunteers and staff
- Ability to work independently and in team environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skill
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of programs including MS Work, Excel and Access
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Working on, or completion of, Teacher of Adults: Literacy Educator program an asset
Please send resumes to Rebeca Gil, Executive Assistant by
Aug. 9, 2013, E: Mail – firstname.lastname@example.org