invites applications for the full-time position of:
DIRECTOR OF HOMELESSNESS AND HOUSING SERVICES
To develop, oversee and evaluate the YW’s emergency shelter and supportive and affordable housing programs.
- Master’s degree in Social Work or equivalent post-graduate education
- A minimum of seven years’ management experience in a residential or shelter setting
- Extensive education and experience working with women who are homeless and/or who live with mental illness and/or addictions
- Proven theoretical and practical knowledge of strengths-based case management and counselling, harm reduction, trauma, and crisis intervention and management
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- First Aid and CPR Level C Certification
- Overdose Prevention Training
- Directing the planning, delivery and evaluation of all programs within the Homelessness and Housing Services department, in accordance with the mandate, beliefs and values of the YW, the relevant service contracts, and all relevant legislation or regulations
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures for the effective and efficient operation of the programs and ensuring consistent application within and across programs where appropriate
- Recruiting, hiring, training and providing regular support and supervision to approximately six direct reports, and supporting managers within the Homelessness and Housing Services department to recruit, hire, train and support and supervise approximately 30 indirect reports
- Staying informed of service developments and funding opportunities in the area of homelessness and housing and preparing plans and proposals to enhance and expand services where appropriate
- Ensuring the financial efficiency of all programs within the Homelessness and Housing Services department, while maintaining quality programming
- Providing leadership by participating in planning and coordinating groups within the community that are directly related to homelessness and housing services
- Developing and maintaining cooperative relationships with community service agencies and government agencies, as well as with staff and volunteers of the YW
- Participating in long and short term program organizational planning and problem solving as part of the YW’s Management Team
- Preparing information, financial and other, required by funders and others
- Sharing on-call responsibilities for the shelter and supportive housing programs
- Fulfilling other assignments as delegated
Starting Salary: $71,869, with benefits and DC pension
Hours of Work: Flexible based on 37.5 hours per week, sharing on-call on a rotating basis required
Please respond in writing by February 15, 2019 to:
153 Frederick Street
The YW is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations.
YW is committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Due to the number of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.