YW Kitchener-Waterloo invites applications for the casual positions of:
- To assist in the preliminary preparation of meals and snacks
- To set up meal and snack service
- To perform general kitchen and dining room clean up, including dishes
- To understand and exceed health and safety standards
Must have successfully completed a Safe Food Handling Course or equivalent as taught by the Waterloo Regional Health Department
- Minimum Grade 10 or equivalent
- Good communication skills with staff and residents
- A feminist understanding of women, abuse, oppression, and the dynamics of homelessness and women’s issues
- An ability to work in an organized and efficient manner
- Related work experience is an as asset
WAGES: 18.728 an hour, with an additional 2% in lieu of benefits
HOURS: Shifts vary based on need including weekends
All employees of the YW are expected to demonstrate respect, empathy, and accountability to the people who access our services, and to attend work regularly as regular attendance is critical to maintaining the highest quality and level of service expected in delivering services.
Please respond in writing by January 19, 2020, indicating how you became aware of this job opportunity to:
Tina Danese, Manager of Operations
YW Emergency Shelter
84 Frederick St.
Kitchener, ON N2H 2L7
YW is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YW is committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs