invites applications for the temporary full-time position of:
Entrepreneurship & Employment Coordinator – In Her Shoes (women)
In Her Shoes is a social enterprise and entrepreneurship/employment training program teaching participants about online entrepreneurship and bricks and mortar business. This position will successfully develop and deliver our In Her Shoes program to visible minority newcomer women in collaboration with our social enterprise trainer. The Entrepreneurship & Employment Coordinator will work with our beginners group of participants, helping them to learn digital literacy skills, build connections in the community, get technical training, and develop their business ideas. This position is responsible to plan and execute community workshops that build business skills, knowledge and capacity, while facilitating connections in the community and boosting participants’ sense of confidence and perceived ability. This position will develop a mentorship process, providing ongoing support to In Her Shoes participants as well as developing mentorship connections for participants as they continue to build their business outside of the program.
- Support YW Kitchener-Waterloo mission, vision and values
- Perform all marketing and outreach activities to recruit participants
- Perform intakes and assessments as prescribed by program guidelines.
- Develop and deliver training in the areas of digital literacy, marketing and social media, inventory and budgeting, product posts & photography, sales, customer service, and building your own business.
- Assist participants to develop and enhance their life skills as it relates to settlement.
- Perform coaching and mentoring activities.
- Design and facilitate entrepreneurship related workshops that build capacity and community connections.
- Design and monitor a mentorship strategy to support participants post-involvement in the program.
- Adapt instructional strategies and materials according to the needs of the participants to stimulate class discussion and participant engagement, ensuring learning outcomes are clear and achievable.
- Provide community referrals for assistance as needed, including childcare, language supports, employment supports, etc.
- Provide accurate and timely activity reports
- Conduct ongoing research of and outreach to potential mentors, community resources & programs.
- Assist participants with job tasks and learning while working in the ‘In Her Shoes’ Social Enterprise.
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of entrepreneurship, small business, marketing, sales and customer service normally acquired through the attainment of a degree in Business or a related field. Personal experience as an entrepreneur considered an asset.
- Experience working from an anti-oppressive feminist lens with visible minority members of marginalized communities with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience developing and delivering training to adults
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision and in a team environment.
- Ability to actively manage the learning environment and share subject matter expertise and experience with participants.
- Knowledge of instructional methods and experience developing and delivering training content.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Ability to think independently, set priorities and resolve problems effectively and efficiently.
- Strong time-management skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Multicultural sensitivity and the ability to work in a multicultural/multiracial organization.
- Experience working in small business, perhaps as an entrepreneur themselves.
- High level of communication and human relations skills to establish and maintain appropriate communication links with participants.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English. Knowledge of additional languages considered an asset.
- Proficiency in Google Apps and email, and working knowledge of Mac operating systems and online software programs.
All employees of the YW are expected to demonstrate respect, empathy, and accountability to the people who access our services, and to attend work regularly as regular attendance is critical to maintaining the highest quality and level of service expected in delivering services.
Rate of Pay: $25.77 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hrs/week (9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday with occasional nights & weekends)
Duration: Approximately 20 months
Start date: ASAP
End date: March 2021
Please submit your resume and cover letter by midnight July 26, 2019 to:
Jennifer Gordon, Director, Youth Services & Entrepreneurship
153 Frederick Street, Kitchener, ON N2H 2M2
Fax: 519-576-0129. email@example.com
YW Kitchener-Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations. No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YW Kitchener-Waterloo is committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs