· Ensure child safety while at camp.
· Involve children in a variety of activities.
· Foster healthy child development in children attending camp.
· Greet Children and parents.
· Participate and supervise children during all activities and during times of transition.
· Daily supervision for day camp children at all times.
· Assist supervisors in the development and implementation of daily and weekly activities and program specials.
· Complete weekly camper calls.
· Provide feedback to parents on daily basis.
· Assist with meal preparation and cleanup.
· Abide by policies and guidelines that are defined in the Staff Handbook and Bingemans’ Day Camp Policies and Procedures.
· Comply with relevant health and safety laws as they apply under the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the Regulations and the WHMIS Regulations.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the Day Camp Supervisor and/or Coordinator.
· Fortnite – a ranking of Champion 1 or above in Solo, Duos or Groups.
· Rocket League – a ranking of Champion 1 or above.
· Must be 18 years of age at minimum.
· Currently enrolled in High School or a Post-Secondary program at College or University.
· Emergency First Aid and CPR C or higher.
· High Five Principles of Healthy Child Development training required.
· Must be willing to attend High Five Principles of Healthy Child Development training if not already trained.
· Experience in program delivery for children preferred.
· Previous Day Camp Counsellor experience preferred.
· Police Record Check required (criminal background check).
· Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Knowledge on special needs/behavioral children.
· High energy level required to keep staff and children motivated.
· Ability to walk around the park and participate in activities with campers.
· Ability to work in all weather conditions.
· Alertness to always monitor the safety of the children.
· Hours: Monday to Friday – July 5th, 2021- September 3rd, 2021.
· Start Time: Between 7:30 am and 8:30 am
· End Time: Between 4:30pm and 5:30pm
· Indoor and outdoor environment.
Bingemans welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Contact: Joanna Kosy, Staffing Coordinator at Bingemans