4 Temporary, Full-time vacancies
(overnight position from 8:30 pm to 8:30 am)
- No requirement for a social work degree or diploma; however, preference will be given to those who have relevant education and experience in a shelter or similar setting. This is an excellent opportunity for graduates, volunteers and those who want to build their career in the field of social work/services. You may have experience of the following: Support Worker, Housing, Vulnerable People, Social Worker, Community Development, Volunteer, Housing Support Worker, Challenging Behaviour, Residential Care Worker, Night shelter, Security Guard etc.
- Must be willing to provide First Aid and CPR-C certification as well as Vulnerable Sector Police check
- Welcome and greet guests as they arrive and provide mats to sleep on
- Answer any calls or inquiries
- Oversee the safety of the service users and security of the building and grounds
- Oversee behaviour on the property and ensuring that all guests observe the rules of the temporary shelter, with particular regard to times when they are entering and leaving the building in the evenings and mornings
- Monitor the environment and alerting colleagues (staff and volunteers) in any instance where intervention may be required
- Adhere to health and safety requirements
- Respond to any night-time emergencies, informing supervisor/on-call staff and any other services as necessary
- Follow all policies and procedures
- Help keep the shelter space clean and orderly
- Other duties as assigned
All YW employees are expected to demonstrate respect, empathy, and accountability to the people who access our services, and to attend work regularly as regular attendance is critical to maintaining the highest quality and level of service expected in delivering services.
WAGE: $21.069 per hour to start, plus shift premium with an additional 2% in lieu of benefits
HOURS: Overnight position from 8:30 pm to 8:30 am (There are 7 shifts per 2 week pay period totalling 84 hours. Every other weekend is a 3 day weekend)
START DATE: As soon as possible
END DATE: To be determined
Please submit resume and cover letter, indicating how you became aware of this posting, as soon as possible, to:
153 Frederick St.
Kitchener, ON N2H 2M2
YW is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YW is committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.