Position: Early Learning Program Educator
Hrs/Weekly: Monday-Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., and Wednesday evenings
Overview of the Position: Our Place Family Resource and Early Years Centre is a community-based, not for profit organization which supports the optimal development of infants, young children and their families through universal programs and services.
Main Job responsibilities:
- Under the guidance and direction of the Early Years Manager, plan, develop and deliver high quality Early Learning children’s programming that encourages language acquisition, literacy development, numeric skills, creative learning and problem solving
- Under the guidance and direction of the Early Years Manager develop and implement day to day operations of developmentally appropriate and culturally inclusive child development programs for children ages birth to six years
- Act as a resource for families, ensuring that parents and caregivers have current information available to them on parenting and child development, children’s resource services and child care. Assist in the referral and linking process to other supports as appropriate
- Identify children's needs by consulting with Parent/Caregiver, Early Learning Manager and the Early Learning Team on how to provide appropriate support for that need
- Must be enrolled in Community College or University program focusing on child development, early learning or family support e.g. Early Childhood Education, Psychology, Child and Family Studies, Child and Youth worker, Education Assistant program. Experience and/or education related to children pre birth-6 years of age and their families
- CPR/First Aid required
- Police Check and Family and Children’s Services Check required
- Understand a variety of cultures and value systems, and provide inclusive programs and non-judgmental support
- French or other second language an asset
Eligibility: This position is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs Program, so students must:
- Be between the ages of 15-30 years at the start of employment
- Have been registered as a full time student in the 12/13 academic year and intend to return to school full time in the 13/14 academic year
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have official refugee protection status under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada
This position is for 31 hours/week with a maximum of 10 weeks. Anticipated start
date is June 17, 2013. The starting and ending dates of this position will be finalized
with the input of the chosen candidate, but the 10 week maximum must have been
completed by August 23, 2013.
If interested, please e-mail resume to email@example.com or fax resume to
519- 571 – 0621. Deadline for application: Thursday May 20, 2013.
For this funded position we encourage applications from students who are members of a Canada Summer Jobs Program priority group which includes students with disabilities and/or from visible minority groups, and/or aboriginal students.
We thank you for your interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted