Hours: 14 Hours per week
Rate of Pay: $16 -$18 per hour based on experience. Hours: In general, to be negotiated within the 9am to 5pm business day. Occasionally an increase in hours of work to include evenings and weekends for special events and meetings to achieve our engagement outcomes.
Reports to: Executive Director at Fiddlesticks Community Centre
The Community Engagement Coordinator will work closely with staff, volunteers, and our community to ensure that our agency is effectively responding to the needs of our neighbours.
Community Engagement Services
- Working with other staff and volunteers – in events-creation, promotion, logistics, execution and evaluation of community focused programs and events
- Communications-creation, distribution, and evaluation of various marketing tools to increase awareness and engagement.
- Compile content for the quarterly newsletter and distribute electronically as well as arrange for neighbourhood delivery by volunteers when needed.
- Respond to community members inquiries regarding our programs and services.
- Partnerships-building on current partnerships and reaching out to new opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Recruit community members for a variety of volunteer roles to support the centre, our programs and events
- Interview, select, orientate, supervise, and train potential volunteers in accordance with volunteer screening and general volunteer management policy.
- Create unique appreciation events as well as show regular appreciation to our volunteers.
- Refer volunteers to staff for placement in appropriate areas/ programs, identified by staff.
- Track supervision and evaluation of volunteers
- Maintain up-to-date volunteer information records using Volgistics. Inclusive of hours, certifications etc.
- Evaluate the volunteer program with volunteer input and implement changes as required.
- Create, submit for approval and manage budgets for Community Engagement Program
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director.
- Ensure that monthly statistics are updated and maintained for the Community Engagement Program
- Assist in program promotion and registrations for programs and services.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in community development, volunteer management and/or related human services
- Experience working in a community setting
- Experience engaging with youth as volunteers and program participants
- Exceptional and proven organizational skills, time management skills, and customer service skills
- Able to meet the demands of a dynamic and changing environment.
- Possess excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Proficient in all MS Office Suite program
- Knowledge of wordpress and CANVA an asset
- Valid G2 License and daily access to a vehicle
- This position primarily involves interaction, public relations, partnership building, desk work and physical movement while participating in events, etc.
- Participation at large scale indoor or outdoor community events may require prolonged standing as well as the ability to lift equipment up to 50 pounds.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Resumes are due by 5:00 on Monday July 19, 2021.
Please email: email@example.com
Attention Anna Aceto Guerin
Chair Hiring Committee