YWCA Kitchener-Waterloo is a multi-service charitable organization providing emergency and supportive housing for women and families and services to children and youth.
- Takes a leadership role in planning, implementation and evaluation of the YWCAs public and media relations strategies, including the association’s social media campaign
- Writes, edits and coordinates layout and design of presentation displays, publicity materials, media releases, newsletters and articles
- Conducts community presentations and fosters media relations
- Coordinates ongoing development and updates the association’s website
- Knowledge of communication systems and processes, public and media relations, project management, and graphic design and print production processes, normally acquired through the attainment of a community college diploma or a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or other related discipline
- Minimum of three years related work experience in the non-profit sector
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior interpersonal and community service skills in order to work with committees, the public, volunteers and staff.
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer, and working knowledge of software programs including Microsoft Word, Publisher, Power Point, Excel and Web Content Manager
- Ability to think independently, set priorities and resolve problems effectively and efficiently.
Salary Range: $23,444 - $27,581
Hours: 18.75 hours per week.
Please respond with resume, indicating how you became aware of this posting, by January 22, 2016 to: