Position: Family Support Program Assistant
Hrs/Weekly: Monday-Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., and Wednesday evenings
Overview of the Position: Our Place Family Resource and Early Years Centre is a community-based, not for profit organization which supports the optimal development of infants, young children and their families through universal programs and services.
Main Job responsibilities:
- Under the guidance and direction of the Family Support Program Supervisor, working with the Family Support Program team to develop and deliver high quality Parenting/Adult education and support programs, services, resources and supports internally and with outside satellites and program delivery sites
- Under the guidance and direction of the Family Support Program Supervisor, responsible for administrative duties, including data base management, program registration, calendar development, program promotion materials
- Act as a resource for families, ensuring that parents and caregivers have current information available to them on parenting and child development, family and children’s resource services and child care. Assist in the referral and linking process to other supports as appropriate. Provide support to parents and caregivers through the Resource Library
- Identify family’s needs by consulting with Family Support Program Supervisor and the Family Support Program team on how to provide appropriate support for that need
- Must be enrolled in a Community College or University program focusing on family support, child development or early learning e.g. General Art’s program with a focus on: Social Work, Psychology and/or Child and Family Studies, Child and Youth worker, Early Childhood Education, Education Assistant program. Experience and/or education related to children pre birth-6 years of age and their families
- CPR/First Aid required
- Police Check and Family and Children’s Services Check required
- Understand a variety of cultures and value systems, and provide inclusive programs and non-judgmental support
- French or other second language an asset
Eligibility: This position is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs Program, so students must:
- Be between the ages of 15-30 years at the start of employment
- Have been registered as a full time student in the 12/13 academic year and intend to return to school full time in the 13/14 academic year
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have official refugee protection status under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada
This position is for 30 hours/week with a maximum of 6 weeks. Anticipated start date is June 26, 2013. The starting and ending dates of this position will be finalized with the input of the chosen candidate, but the 6 week maximum must have
been completed by August 23, 2013.
If interested, please e-mail resume to email@example.com or fax resume to 519- 571 – 0621. Deadline for application: Thursday May 30th, 2013.
For this funded position we encourage applications from students who are members of a Canada Summer Jobs Program priority group which includes students with disabilities and/or from visible minority groups, and/or aboriginal students.
We thank you for your interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.