invites applications for the casual position of:
BUILDING ATTENDANT(Unionized Position)
- Drywall repairs and painting
- Replace light bulbs as needed
- Minor plumbing and carpentry repairs
- Perform monthly checks of emergency lights and fire extinguishers
- Strip and wax floors
- Carpet cleaning
- Grounds maintenance, including mowing lawn and weeding flower beds.
Occasional removal of snow and ice
- Assist in the removal of garbage and recycling as required
- Clean common areas and washrooms as needed
- Other related duties as assigned
- Previous cleaning and light maintenance employment experience and be able to
operate cleaning equipment
- Ability to operate grounds equipment i.e. riding lawn mower, push mower, etc.
- Previous experience with operation of a lift truck would be an asset
- Previous experience in patching and painting walls
- Previous experience operating power tools
- Conscientious, willing to take initiative and disciplined in following a work schedule
- Polite and discrete in contacts with tenants, staff, and the public, maintaining strict confidentiality at all times
- Must be able to lift approximately 50 lbs.
- Must have a clean driving record and access to a vehicle
- WHMIS training is preferred
- All other duties as required
- Must be willing to provide a Vulnerable Sector Police check
WAGE: $20.66 per hour with an additional 2% in lieu of benefits
START DATE: As soon as possible
Working hours and days may vary based on needs.On-call basis to cover vacations, and other absences,
or when additional work arises.
All employees of the YW are expected to demonstrate respect, empathy, and accountability to the people who access our services, and to attend work regularly as regular attendance is critical to maintaining the highest quality and level of service expected in delivering services.
Please submit your resume by February 07, 2021, indicating how you became aware of this job opportunity to:
Maria Wallenius, Manager
YW Kitchener-Waterloo Emergency Shelter
84 Frederick St.
Kitchener, ON N2H 2L7
YW is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YW is committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.