Responsible for the safety of all guests in the pool area. Assists in providing exceptional service to guests while carrying out all responsibilities of lifeguarding and maintaining a waterpark area.
• Responsible for keeping current with all Certifications and Training required.
• Is polite, friendly, and helpful to guests, management and fellow employees .
• Responsible for maintaining guest safety in the wavepool as well as all pool areas, demonstrating professional and consistent adherence to all pool safety standards .
• Effectively guard all pool guests and maintain a safe environment.
• Maintains safe use of the pool slide/water features and does not allow dangerous activities.
• Responsible for maintaining proper positioning, visibility and condition of pool safety and rescue equipment.
• Performs daily safety checks of pool area and slide for potential hazards.
• Perform regularly assigned maintenance duties including: opening/closing procedures, pool tests, and pool maintenance.
• Properly document all maintenance duties, pool test results, and emergency procedures.
• Continually monitor that all guests are wearing the daily wristbands.
• Knows the location and contents of First Aid Kits.
• Adheres to all pool safety standards, including safety procedures for adverse weather conditions.
• Executes all water safety and rescue procedures in accordance with current Life Saving Society and Bingemans’ standards.
• Performs all duties in a timely and professional manner.
• Turns in lost and found items throughout shift according to Bingemans Standards.
• Performs proper opening and closing procedures.
• Ensure the cleanliness of all areas within the waterpark. Participates in cleaning public areas as required.
• Knowledgeable of and able to communicate all Bingemans Amusement offerings.
• Attends all department meetings as scheduled.
• Participate in ALL staff training lessons, both the initial and on-going training.
• Abide by policies and guidelines as laid out in the Staff Handbook.
• Ensure that the standards of Regulation 565 of the Health Protection and Promotion Act and Part V of the Amusement Devices Act are followed at all times.
• Uphold and perform to the standards set by the Lifesaving Society of Canada.
• Perform first aid and CPR when required.
• Abide by policies and guidelines that are defined in the Staff Handbook.
• Comply with relevant health and safety laws as they apply under the Occupational Health & Safety Act, the Regulations and the WHMIS Regulations.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head Guard, or the management.
• Varied hours including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Outdoor environment, various weather conditions.
• Required to attend ALL training sessions.
• Currently enrolled in high school or post-secondary education.
• National Lifeguard Service (NLS) pool.
• National Lifeguard Service (NLS) waterpark (training provided).
• Standard First Aid, PR Level “C”. and AED.
• Minimum 2 years guarding experience after NLS award.
• Minimum 16 years of age.
• Available through to and including Labour Day.
• Typical lifeguarding duties, i.e., physical performance requirements in swimming and running.
• Some light lifting.
• Physical stamina in an outdoor environment.
• Mental alertness is a must at all times.
• Able to maintain concentration on job responsibility when on duty.
Please apply online at bingemans.com/employment or send your resume directly to email@example.com
Bingemans welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Contract