invites applications for the temporary, part-time position of:
COMMUNITY SUPPORT COORDINATOR
(Until March 31, 2016)
The Community Support Coordinator assists in the operation of YWCA Supportive Housing, creates conditions that empower women to take responsibility for the management of their living environment and supports women in reaching their goals by providing individualized supports.
- Assesses tenants’ needs to assist in the development and review of housing based support plans which address personal goals for greater independence
- Monitors the emotional and physical well-being of tenants, and works with families/community partners to ensure a coordinated approach to services and treatment
- Provides crisis intervention, informal supportive counselling, facilitates appropriate support groups and referrals to community services
- Provides leadership to front-line support staff, students and volunteers through supervision, training, and mentoring
- Masters in Social Work preferred and a minimum of five years’ work experience in the social service sector
- Conceptual and theoretical knowledge of strength based mental health approaches, addictions, trauma, violence against women, women in conflict with the law, youth and adolescents, crisis and suicide intervention
- Proven skills in case management, support, counseling, conflict resolution, crisis intervention and suicide prevention and de-escalation skills
- Demonstrated skill in the areas of program development, training and supervision of staff, budgeting, expenditure and revenue control
- The position requires a tolerance of ambiguity and the ability to be able to change tasks or directions with ease, make back up plans, and adapt ways of providing support to the needs of diverse individuals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- First Aid and CPR Level C Certification
- Overdose Prevention Training
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record
Salary Range: $45,696.65 to $54,081.94
Hours: 16.5 hours per week (weekdays, on-call duties)
Please respond in writing by
5:00 p.m. Wednesday, December 23, 2015 to:
153 Frederick Street
Kitchener, ON N2H 2M2
The YWCA is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colours, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, gender identity and sexual orientations, and are committed to ensuring equal and full participation for all applicants during the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.