SERVICE AREA: YMCA Camping
POSITION: Outdoor Program Instructors
REPORTS TO: Director, Outdoor Centre
HOURS: Fixed Term (January 2015 – April 2015, part time variable hours, evenings and weekends as required)
SALARY: $12.69 per hour
START DATE: January 2015
FUNCTION: The incumbent is responsible for facilitating environmental, leadership and recreation programs at the Outdoor Centre, as well as maintenance and kitchen duties as required.
· Deliver safe and educational programs to all users of the site (e.g. students, church group participants, businesses)
· Perform kitchen and maintenance duties, as required
· Clean up after groups depart
· Adhere to and be aware of safety guidelines and policies
· Ensure that equipment and program areas are always in good repair
· Ensure that locations are well maintained
· Attend workshops, trainings, conferences and staff meetings as required
· Assume other duties as assigned
· High School diploma
· 3-6 months relevant experience
· First Aid/CPR certification
· Ropes Training an asset
· National Lifeguard Certification an asset
· A “G class” driver’s license (to drive a van) an asset
· Acceptable Police Check
Communication: Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner to support information sharing.
Concern for Health and Safety: Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction.
Creativity and Innovation: Develops new ways or adapts existing ideas to help achieve desired results.
Initiative: Knows when to do the right thing.
Relationship Building and Collaboration: Builds positive interactions both internally and externally to build enthusiasm and appreciation to achieve work related goals.
Tolerance for Ambiguity: Functions effectively in situations of less than perfect or incomplete information.
In addition to the above competencies the Association Core Competencies are required: Commitment to Organization Vision and Values, Diversity, Integrity, Teamwork.
Note: This position requires a commitment to the YMCA mission and core values, as well as a commitment to building developmental assets in children and adults.
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com Human Resources, YMCA Administration Offices, 460 Frederick Street, Suite 203, Kitchener ON N2H 2P5 Fax to: 519-576-6223
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Wednesday, December 31, 2014 12:00pm
The YMCAs of Cambridge & Kitchener-Waterloo complies with the Employment Standards Act, Pay Equity Legislation and the Human Rights Code. The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The YMCAs of Cambridge & Kitchener-Waterloo are committed to protecting personal information by following responsible information handling practices, in keeping with privacy laws. For more information on the YMCAs commitment to privacy, please visit our web site at www.ymcacambridgekw.ca
Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.