YW Kitchener-Waterloo invites applications
for the position of temporary casual
TENANT SUPPORT WORKER
84 Frederick Supportive Housing
As a Tenant Support Worker you will provide assistance, within a harm reduction environment, to nine women in their home to support their independent living and maintain their housing. Provide immediate support to women in conflict following an established Conflict Resolution Program and respond to requests for support and crisis intervention. Establish positive relationships and participate in the creation of a stable and secure shared living environment. Plan and facilitate programming for tenants and help them connect to community resources and supports.
- Knowledge of the impact of trauma and abuse and the impact of poverty and homelessness on individuals of all ages, normally obtained through the completion of a 2-year college program in Social Services and 2 years work experience in a residential or supportive housing environment.
- Knowledge in harm reduction philosophies and techniques, as well as crisis and suicide intervention skills
- Experience working within the parameters of a Conflict Resolution Program.
- Understanding of current legislation pertaining to housing, advocacy and tenant/landlord rights, usually obtained through a general knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act.
- Ability to think independently, set priorities and resolve problems effectively and efficiently.
- Valid certifications in Standard First Aid, CPR Level C, and Overdose prevention training.
RATE: $22.078 per hour, with an additional 2% in lieu of benefits
HOURS: 4:00pm to 11:00pm; must be available to work evenings and weekends
Please respond in writing by September 05, 2020, indicating how you became aware of this job opportunity to:
84 Frederick Street
Kitchener, ON N2H 2L7
YW is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals
of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YW is committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.