REPORTS TO: Director of Homelessness and Housing Services
- Coordinates and monitors all contracted services for YW Lincoln Rd Supportive and Affordable Housing, and maintains facility and grounds.
- Supervises the day-to-day activities, and maintains the budget for the building and keeps detailed records.
- Responsible for preparation of annual work plan and overseeing implementation of preventative maintenance.
- Ensures building is kept in good repair and monitors adequacy of capital reserve funding.
- Instructs in and ensures implementation of fire prevention and response, and other safety matters.
- Responds to requests or complaints from tenants about property management issues and facilitates problem solving.
- Assists the Support Services Coordinator in making decisions about eligibility, and availability of social services and income support to tenants. Advocates on tenants' behalf as requested or delegated.
- Selects tenants according to Regional Municipality of Waterloo’s Coordinated Access and Community Housing procedures.
- Assists successful applicants with move-in arrangements, and ensures proper orientation of new tenants including policies and procedures and monitors their compliance to them.
- Consults with the Director of Homelessness and Housing Services about non-compliance issues and advises the Director of needed policy and procedural changes.
- Receives and processes monthly rents. Maintains tenant records and verifies income and household status on an ongoing basis.
- Prepares and submits required financial and statistical reports and notifies Director of Homelessness and Housing of rent in arrears. Responsible for ensuring optimal cash flow.
- Involves tenants in consultation and action around environmental and conservation issues and actively supports the implementation of environment responsible programs.
- First line of contact in an eviction or dispute, as well as in the general legal functioning of a rental property.
- Participates in Regional Municipality of Waterloo’s Coordinated Access system to ensure equitable access to housing for women and participates in the development of regional policies and procedures.
- Maintains records of the functioning of the property. This includes all rents, income and expenses and records of complaints, repairs, leases, maintenance requests, invoices, and insurance costs.
- Performs other related duties as required and delegated.
- Occasional on-call or after hours responsibilities.
- Knowledge of property management, mechanical systems, contracting, purchasing and tendering.
- Completion of a university degree or college diploma in a related field.
- 1-2 years of practical experience in property management.
- Familiarity with the Ontario Building and Fire Codes, the Tenant Protection Act and Occupational Health and Safety Act, Residential Tenancies Act, the Regional Municipality of Waterloo guidelines and any other relevant information.
- Analytical, problem solving, and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to write letters, memoranda and notices to applicants, tenants, contractors, and service provider agencies.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, tenants, and members of the public.
- Ability to interact with women facing physical, mental or emotional challenges.
- Understanding and sensitivity to the needs of low-income, women led families and tenants with special needs.
- Experience with budgeting and financial reporting.
- Strong supervisory and dynamic leadership skills.
- Strong administrative, computer skills including experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Life insurance
- Registered Pension Plan (4.5% Employer contribution)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 Weeks’ Vacation
- Paid Sick Time based on accrual
STARTING SALARY: $58,402.50 per annum
HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 per week - Monday to Friday
START DATE: As soon as possible
All YW employees are expected to demonstrate respect, empathy, and accountability to the people who access our services, and to attend work regularly as regular attendance is critical to maintaining the highest quality and level of service expected in delivering services.
Director of Homelessness and Housing Services
155 Lincoln Rd Waterloo, ON
YW is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YW is committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.