· Responsible for maintaining guest safety in the wave pool as well as all pool areas, demonstrating professional and consistent adherence to all pool safety standards.
· Effectively guards all pool guests and maintain a safe environment.
· Maintains safe use of the pool slide/water features and does not allow dangerous activities.
· Responsible for maintaining proper positioning, visibility and condition of pool safety and rescue equipment.
· Performs daily safety checks of pool area and slide for potential hazards.
· Perform regularly assigned maintenance duties including opening/closing procedures, pool tests, and pool maintenance.
· Properly document all maintenance duties, pool test results, and emergency procedures.
· Adheres to all pool safety standards, including safety procedures for adverse weather conditions.
· Executes all water safety and rescue procedures in accordance with current Life Saving Society and Bingemans’ standards.
· Performs proper opening and closing procedures.
· Ensure that the standards of Regulation 565 of the Health Protection and Promotion Act and Part V of the Amusement Devices Act are always followed.
· Uphold and perform to the standards set by the Lifesaving Society of Canada.
· Comply with relevant health and safety laws as they apply under the Occupational Health & Safety Act, the Regulations and the WHMIS Regulations.
· Participates in ALL staff training lessons, both the initial and on-going training.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head Guard, or the management.
· Minimum 16 years of age.
· National Lifeguard Service (NLS) pool required.
· Must have previous guarding experience after NLS award.
· Standard First Aid, CPR Level “C” and AED.
· National Lifeguard Service (NLS) Waterpark (training provided).
· Currently enrolled in high school or post-secondary education.
· Varied hours including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
· Outdoor environment, various weather conditions.
Bingemans welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Contact: Joanna Kosy, Staffing Coordinator at Bingemans email@example.com