EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
YWCA Kitchener-Waterloo invites applications for the casual positions of:
As a casual cleaner you would be responsible for day to day cleaning at multiple locations within YWCA Kitchener-Waterloo.
- Previous cleaning employment experience
- Conscientious and willing to take initiative
- Must be able to follow both written and verbal instructions
- Practice proper operation of equipment to assure safety and avoid damage to equipment
- Understand and exceed health and safety standards
- WHMIS training is preferred
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm
All employees of the YWCA Emergency Shelter are expected to demonstrate respect, empathy, and accountability to the people who access the shelter, and to attend work regularly as regular attendance is critical to maintaining the highest quality and level of service expected in delivering services.
WAGE: $17.852 per hour (plus 2% in lieu of benefits)
HOURS: Shifts vary based on need
Please respond in writing by June 1, 2016 indicating how you became aware of this job opportunity to:
Maria Wallenius, Manager
YWCA Emergency Shelter
84 Frederick St.
Kitchener, ON N2H 2L7
The YWCA is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations, and are committed to ensuring equal and full participation for all applicants during the recruitment and selection process.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or faxes please.