YOUTH WORKER I – COMMUNITY (S)HEROES
TEMPORARY PART TIME (unionized position until December 2019
Community (S)Heroes is a social justice and leadership program for girls and non-binary youth in
grades 7-10. This position is responsible for organizing, facilitating and attending volunteer opportunities, community events, and one program day per month focused on learning more about social justice, building teamwork and leadership skills, and boosting self-confidence among participants. This position will also assist the supervisor with the programs additional mentorship component as needed as well as other tasks as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in the area of social work, social justice, women’s studies, political science, child & youth work or other relevant fields of study.
- Work experience facilitating strengths based youth programming.
- Self-motivated with the ability to complete planning and facilitation work independently.
- Personal interest and experience impacting social justice issues.
- Creativity and skill in researching relevant program activities and opportunities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work with and liaison with multiple stakeholders, including program participants, parents and guardians, community centre staff, guest speakers, mentors, coworkers, etc.
- Tolerance of ambiguity and the ability to be able to change tasks or directions with ease, make back-up plans, and explore new ways of delivering programming.
- Standard First Aid and CPR Level C certification
Rate of Pay: $21.638 per hour, with an additional 2% in lieu of benefits
Hours: 11 hours per week
Availability must include the third Tuesday of each month from 6:30 pm-8:30 pm for regular programming and other evenings & weekends as required each month based on organized community events and volunteer opportunities.
Please respond with resume by midnight March 29, 2019 to:
Director, Youth Services & Entrepreneurship
YW Kitchener-Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations. No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YW Kitchener-Waterloo is committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the