a not-for-profit, family resource centre, focusing on Early Learning and parent support for families with children prebirth-6. We are also the lead agency for the Ontario Early Years Centre for the Kitchener Centre riding.
Our Place currently has a vacancy for a 1 year contract (maternity leave) part-time Accounting Assistant position. (July 2014-July 2015). This position will be responsible for a combination of accounting duties and some administrative assistant/reception work.
Hours: 16-20 hours weekly
Hours of work: Tuesdays 8:30 – 3:00 p.m.; Wednesdays 8:30 – 12:00 p.m.; Thursdays 8:30am – 3:00pm; Alternating Saturdays 9:00 – 12:30 p.m. and may include some evenings/or other daytime hours as required.
University degree or college diploma in accounting, business administration or a related field of study.
Strong candidates for this position will have:
- 3-5 years of experience working in an accounting or bookkeeping position
- Experience with Accounting Software (SAGE 50,
formerly Simply Accounting); including fund allocation
- Knowledge of bookkeeping practices
- Experience handling petty cash
- Experience in Account payable
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook
- Previous experience in office reception and customer
- Excellent time management, planning/organizational
skills and an attention to detail
- Positive attitude, strong communication skills and ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Flexibility to adapt to unique situations and work in a fast paced environment
- Proven experience working within a diverse and inclusive environment; includes working with families and children under 6.
- Ability to speak a Second language (other than English)
- Must be a demonstrated team player.
- Must have weekly access to vehicle for delivering bank deposit/or other banking duties as required
Applicants should possess a proven ability and willingness to work as an integral member of a team; excellent oral and written communication skills; strong time management and
planning skills. Applicants must be sensitive to the needs of others; be open and non-judgmental and able to work with people from diverse backgrounds. This position will require the
successful applicant to multi-task and there may be many interruptions within the work day.
Conditions of Employment:
Upon hire you will be asked to provide us with a Criminal Reference Check from the Police Department and a Family and Children’s Services Check. We will provide you with more information when the position is offered.
You will be asked to provide us with a current Standard First Aid certificate.
- Providing front reception for the main point of contact either in person or by phone for our program participants.
- Taking program registration
- Coordinating attendance lists, name tags, sign in sheets as required
- Providing administrative support to Supervisors, Facilitators, Board of Directors as required
- Communicating with other staff (verbally, and in written forms)
- Supporting volunteers and students in the front office area
- Set-up and take-down of program equipment and materials as required for special events etc.
If interested, please email resume to Bonnie Caza, email@example.com or fax resume to 519-571- 0621. Please indicate which position for which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Please note, while we thank all those for their interest, due to the high number of applicants, we will only contact those who are successful in moving onto the next stage.
CLOSING DATE: June 19, 2014