Child and Youth Summer Worker (7 hours)
Anselma House in Kitchener and Haven House in Cambridge
Hours of Work:
Scheduled shifts between Monday and Friday, approx. 30 hours per week
Start Date: July 7th, 2014
Women’s Crisis Services of Waterloo Region provides emergency shelter to women and children escaping abusive relationships. We operate 2 shelters: Anselma House in Kitchener and Haven House in Cambridge. Our facilities operate on a 24/7 basis. We believe every woman and child deserves to live a life free from violence.
The successful candidate will be providing support to the child and youth program staff in delivering the summer program activities. These activities include in shelter programming,
outdoor activities and off-site trips into the community.
The successful candidate will be interacting with children,
mothers and shelter staff in the delivery of services to the families through the Child and Youth Program.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Students from Early Childhood education, Child and Youth and Social Service Programs are encouraged to apply;
return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year and have a strong desire to work with children;
(including oral, written and visual);
Job Program criteria.
- A genuine interest in working with children; past experience is considered an asset;
- Ability to effectively engage and support children during various activities;
- Knowledge in the area of child development and demonstrated previous experience with children;
- Possess the emotional stamina and high energy needed to effectively engage children;
- An understanding of the impact of domestic violence on
- An understanding of the duty to report to Family and Children’s Services and a willingness and ability to follow through on this duty as needed;
- Access to a reliable vehicle is an assest
Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check
Please submit cover letter and resume on or before May 21st, 2014 to:
Human Resources Manager
700 Heritage Drive
We are an equal opportunity