- To take an active role as part of the centre’s professional child care team working in a program with children with complex needs.
- To provide a warm and nurturing environment for children and families
- To maintain effective communication with staff, parents and coordinator
- To ensure the health and safety of the children
- To act as a positive role model for the children
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education or equivalent combination of work experience and education relevant to working with children
- Experience working with complex needs children
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C certification
- Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to work as an effective team member
All employees of the YWCA are expected to demonstrate respect, empathy, and accountability to the people who access our services, and to attend work regularly as regular attendance is critical to maintaining the highest quality and level of service expected in delivering services.
Pay rate: Currently under review
Contract: Until December 23, 2016
- 18.75 hours per week (Monday to Friday, 9:45 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.)
Please respond in writing by September4, 2016 to:
Andrea Hardy, Manager
YWCA Childcare Centre (St. Paul)
45 Birchcliff Avenue
Kitchener, ON N2M 4V7
The YWCA is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations, and are committed to ensuring equal and full participation for all applicants during the recruitment and selection process.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.