- To take an active role as part of the centre’s professional child care team working in a program with children with complex needs.
- To provide a warm and nurturing environment for children and families
- To maintain effective communication with staff, parents and coordinator
- To ensure the health and safety of the children
- To act as a positive role model for the children
- Registered Early Childhood Educator, a related diploma or be enrolled in the ECE apprenticeship program with significant work experience
- Experience working with complex needs children
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C certification
- Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to work as an effective team member
All employees of the YWCA are expected to demonstrate respect, empathy, and accountability to the people who access our services, and to attend work regularly as regular attendance is critical to maintaining the highest quality and level of service expected in delivering services.
Pay rate: $17.32 per hour
Contract: 6 weeks
10 hours per week, Monday to Friday (9:15 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.)
Please respond in writing by December 25, 2016 to:
Elaine Bridgwater, Manager
YWCA Childcare Centre (Jean Steckle)
130 Woodbine Ave.
Kitchener, ON N2R 1X9
YWCA Kitchener-Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YWCA Kitchener-Waterloo is committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.