YOUTH DEVELOPMENT WORKER I
· To implement engaging and developmentally appropriate activities for 4 - 12 year olds which allow for choice, creativity, and independence
· To take responsibility for the health and safety of the children in your care
· To follow daily schedules and take responsibility for clean up and organization of supplies
· To act as a positive role model for the children
· To work as part of a team of Youth Development Workers
· Maintaining effective communication with staff, parents, facility staff and manager
· Registered Early Childhood Educator or related degree such as Recreation and Leisure, Child and Youth Worker (subject to approval by the Ministry of Education)
· Minimum one year experience with School Age children, preferably in a childcare, education or recreation setting
- Understanding of the Child Care and Early Years Act and familiarity with the use of assessment tools such as ECERS, ITERS, SACERS, High Five
· Proven ability to work as an effective team member
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C certification
Hours: One temporary (Sept to March) part-time position: 10 hours per week (Monday to Friday mornings)
One temporary (Sept to June) part-time position: 13.75 hours per week (Monday to Friday afternoons)
One temporary (Sept to Dec) part-time position: 17.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday afternoons)
Please respond in writing by July 20, 2017, indicating how you became aware of this job opportunity to:
Jennifer Marshall, Manager, School Age Programs
YWCA Kitchener-Waterloo, 153 Frederick Street, Kitchener, ON N2H 2M2
YWCA Kitchener-Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YWCA Kitchener-Waterloo is committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.